The TIS network (Intercommunal Transport of Sélestat) was created in 1998 and implemented gradually:
By September 1, 1999: the creation of line A stopping at Châtenois, Sélestat and Ebersheim. Its implementation was ensured by the Community of communes of Sélestat by authority of the General Council of Bas- Rhin.
By September 1 2004: development of the complete network with the addition of line B stopping at Scherwiller, Sélestat and Muttersholtz. The other communes are served by a transport service on request (T.O.D). The operation of the network was entrusted by the authority of public services (D.S.P.) to the company Autocars Schmitt of Muttersholtz over the period 2004-2009.
This D.S.P. was renewed over the period 2010-2016 with the same operator, Autocars Schmitt now consolidated with Bus-Est, Nord-Est subsidiary of Veolia transport.
The structure of the network remains identical with:
- The "core" network 2 bus lines A and B whose journeys and service have been improved
- The T.O.D. service for communes and certain parts of Sélestat which are badly served or not at all by the buses.
- The Community of communes of Sélestat (C.C.S.)
Deputy leader in charge of transport and cycling tracks: André BOESCH, Mayor of Scherwiller
Official representative for Transport: Michel Brandt
Commercial name of the network:
- TIS (Transport Intercommunal de Sélestat)
- Operationg company: Autocars Schmitt/Transdev Grand Est Territoire Alsace, from January 1st, 2017 to December 31th, 2023.
Transport Operations Manager: Alain Kuhn, Autocars Schmitt