Presentation of the Syndicat des Transports Hagenau – Schweighouse-sur-Moder
Since 2005, the communes of Haguenau and Schweighouse sur Moder have entrusted their "transport" task to the Haguenau and Schweighouse sur Moder Transport Union (SIVU), transport organizing authority for urban transport (P.T.U.) serving nearly 45 000 inhabitants.
Created in 2006, RITMO (Réseau intercommunal de transport de la Moder - Intercommune network for transport of the Moder) is managed by the transport union which has entrusted the operation to PostBus Swiss transport company. As such PostBus provides the service defined by the SIVU in compliance with the required quality objectives.
The ongoing market is financed by transport allowances and operating revenues. It will end in 2013, date on which the SIVU plans to entrust the public service.
The RITMO network consists in:
- 114 km serviced by the RITMO network
- 205 stops, among which 145 served by regular lines
- 14 buses and 4 mini buses
Attractive rates, schedules and frequent timing facilitating the system memorization:
- 4 regular routes from 6 A.M. to 8 P.M., condensed per half hour (routes 1-1bis, 2) or per hour (route 3)
- 9 routes mainly used for school back up but open to everyone.
- An on demand transport service (T.O.D.): zonal T.O.D. (from 5 A.M. to 9:30 P.M.) and 2 virtual lines (4 and 5) that can facilitate the mobility of users moving before 6am and after 8pm or not being near a regular line, or even for those not served within half an hour with their chosen travel.
- 1 260 484 trips over the year 2008, over 4 000 trips per day.
- 77% of subscribers and 23% of occasional travelers.
- 11% increase in passengers between 2008 and 2009 (January to October).
For information on timetables, rates and other useful information for planning your trip with RITMO, please visit the RITMO website www.ritmo.fr or contact the RITMO agency at 0800.044.046 (free service from a landline).
How Transport on Demand works:
Booking at least 3 hours before the planned departure.
Opening hours of the agency: Monday from 2:30pm to 6:15pm, Tuesday to Friday from 9:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. and 2:30 P.M. to 6:15 P.M., and Saturday from 9:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.