TRACE : Presentation and organization
The organization of TRACE, a public urban transport network for passengers, is structured around three key players:
- Colmar Agglomération
- Communauté de Communes du Pays du Ried Brun
- STUCE (Société des Transports Urbains de Colmar et Environs)
Colmar Agglomération (Urban Community of Colmar) and Communauté de Communes du Pays du Ried Brun are the organizing authorities of the TRACE network.
The daily operations of urban transport system are mainly carried out by Colmar Agglomération. Indeed, Communauté de Communes du Pays du Ried Brun has mandated Colmar Agglomération for the management of the entire network in order to maintain overall consistency throughout the transport zone.
Colmar Agglomération and Communauté de Communes du Pays du Ried Brun define the urban transport policy in their area of influence and provide the network operator TRACE with the means necessary to enforce it (adjusting the transport offer, funding of major investments such as vehicles, setting the pricing policy...).
STUCE (Urban Transport Company of Colmar and its surroundings) is the operator of the TRACE network. In this capacity, it implements the service defined at the quality level requested by the C.W.C. and SITREC, as stated in their delegation contract of public service. The STUCE produces, coordinates and markets the urban transport service to 22 municipalities on behalf of both organizing authorities for which it also plays an advisory role.
The TRACE network consists in:
- 194 km of network lines (including 1.8 km of exclusive lanes).
- 47 times around the earth per year by bus.
- 19,278 trips everyday on the network.
- 438 stops, including 243 equipped with shelters.
- 75 stops equipped with information kiosks in real time Columbus: 57 L.C.D. screens, 16 T.F.T. screens and 2 video terminals .
- 75 stops accessible to disabled people, that is 17% of the stops in the entire network.
- 18 intersections equipped with a system of remote action on the traffic lights.
- 18h05 of service operating amplitude from 5:27 A.M to 23:31 (1:16 on Friday and Saturday).
Information on TRACE Network
For any information on the opening and closing hours, fares and other useful information to prepare your trip on the TRACE network, please check our website www.trace-colmar.fr or contact our call center «Allô TRACE ».
Commercial Agency TRACE
29 rue Kléber - 68000 COLMAR
- Monday to Friday from 7:30 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 18:00
- 1st and last Saturday of the month: from 7:30 to 12:00
- 1st and last business day of the month: from 7:30 to 18:30 without interruption
- 'Back-to-school' days: from 7:30 to 18:30 without interruption
Interactive network map (Trace Colmar website)