Mulhouse Alsace Agglomeration, created on January 1st 2010, took over the tasks of the Mulhouse Transport Union (Sitram).
It is now the transport organizing authority within its territory, representing 34 communes.
Its missions :
- Define, within the perimeter of urban transport, the consistency of public transport service and organization (creation, deletion or changing of route, level and quality of service);
- Decide rates for urban transport ;
- Fund urban transport service (by means of investments and operations). As organizing authority, Mulhouse Alsace Agglomeration is entitled to receive transport allowance, a tax specifically affected for public transport, perceived along with social contribution paid by employers;
- Check the performance and quality of services provided by the bus system operator;
- Build and operate infrastructures and facilities used for transport service.
Mulhouse Alsace Agglomeration has entrusted the provision of the urban public transport service to a specialized company, as part of a delegation of public service:
- Soléa for the bus and tramway network of Mulhouse and dial-a-ride service for people with reduced mobility (Domibus).
The Soléa network consists in:
- A service available 24/7 (except on May 1st) from 4:39 am to 11:45 pm
- More than 25 millions of travelers per year
- A fleet of 130 buses including one third renewed in 2008, 22 tramways and 12 tram-trains
- 3 tramway lines, totaling 30 stations
- 22 bus lines and 13 school bus lines, ie 867 bus stops
- 2 park & ride : to the South at the University and the Kinepolis parking lot to the North
For more information on schedules, rates and other useful information to prepare your trip within the Soléa network, please visit our website at: www.solea.info or visit our sales agencies of Porte Jeune (from Monday to Friday, from 7:30 A.M to 12:30 P.M and from 1:30 P.M to 6:30 P.M and on Saturday from 9 A.M to 12:30 P.M) those of the Gare Centrale (from Monday to Friday from 7:15 A.M to 12:15 P.M and from 1:45 P.M to 6:45 P.M).
You can also call Allo Soléa (03 89 66 77 77) as another source of information.
Interactive and downloadable maps (Soléa website)